1. Ridicule them
2. Laugh at them
3. Embarrass them
4. Hit them
5. Blame them for everything bad that happens
6. Call them unflattering names i.e. ugly, stupid, dumb
7. Share all their secrets with anyone and everyone
8. Never touch them gently, no pats on the back, no hugs, no kisses, no care or empathy when they are sick
9. Never show them you care, be cold, praise only others but not them, do not be pleased for any reason, discard all gifts they give you
10. Ignore them, banish them to their room as soon as they finish the work you’ve given them, do not allow them to laugh, play, or have fun because the noise disturbs you.
11. Treat them unfairly…give to others all that you do not give them.
12. Hurt them emotionally and physically
13. Discourage them i.e. you can’t do that, you are doing that wrong, you sound stupid, you are boring, you are clumsy, you look silly doing that
14. Teach them no one can be trusted, especially the people they love
15. Isolate them, do not allow them to form friendships, especially with their siblings, pit them against one another, encourage jealousy
16. Beat them regularly
17. Demand they do better, even if they have done something perfectly, especially if they have tried hard
18. Never be pleased, make sure they know nothing is ever good enough
19. Use them by manipulating them into hurtful situations and to get what you want.
20. Create a hostile environment with sudden anger for no apparent reason, hit them when they walk by you for no reason, have extreme fights with someone else when the house is quiet, move often at least twice a year, do not allow them to be present when you have company, tell them they are responsible for your crappy life.
Is there really any other way? Go get lost in your nearest bookstore of course!
I can literally spend the entire DAY at my local Chapters, sipping on my latte, looking at all the displays, reading the backs of books, browsing all the magazines, taking a peek at all the other stuff in the store, then making my way back to all the books.
I once went to Toronto and got SO excitied when I spotted a store called "The Biggest Book Store"…I went went in and didn't come out until the end of the day…I didn't even notice that hubby had gone missing…he had actually left and gone exploring other places, popping back to see if I had noticed his absence (which he can tell if I look up, confused look on my face and somewhat disoriented).
He's so funny.