Ha! The day after I attended the webinar on how to overcome OVERWHELM I called in sick, stayed home and cleaned out my closet.
Got rid of 1 bag of trash and 2 bags of stuff to donate to Goodwill.
Go figure why so much crap accumulates in a closet!
Anyway, the following is some notes on the Overwhelm webinar: (the bold words are hers and the italics are my ideas)
Stress Management = ADD/ADHD Management
Slow Down-do something relaxing like reading a book or just write in your journal, anything that actually relaxes you (not games on the computer, tv or anything like that). Daily relaxation, 30 minutes only, is a must. I only read exciting engaging books, which is not relaxing:(
Being vs Doing – there is no law that says you must be absolutely DOING something at all times. My brain is always going and doesn’t shut off, even when I’m sleeping!
- Sleep-good restful sleep
- Nutrition-incorporate fish + seafood, bright colourful vegetables, nuts and olive oil into your diet. I wouldn’t eliminate the things you currently love to eat I would just add something from this list to every meal.
- Engage in your interests even if you don’t do them well but still derive pleasure from them.
- Challenge yourself by learning something new or master something you like but do poorly.
- Express yourself through art, music or writing. Without editing.
Control your Responses to Stress by
- Taking a step back-hard to do in the moment
- Breathing, stretching or walking…even all three if needed.
- Get calm and centered. Have I ever been calm and centered?